Participation and Eligibility
You Deserve a More Effective Pain Management Approach
Ironwood Logo

The Ironwood IC/BPS Clinical Study will evaluate a new investigational drug option that may help manage bladder pain by taking an entirely new approach to administration and action. Instead of repurposing pain management options from other diseases, researchers believe this innovative pain management option may reduce pain signals in the colon and, in doing so, reduce the sensation of bladder pain and discomfort caused by IC/BPS.

You’ve given your all to this fight; now clinical research is ready to join you.

If you’re ready for a pain management option designed specifically for patients like you, join us in helping our researchers understand whether this new, investigational option works.

Ironwood Logo
Are You Eligible?

You may be eligible to participate in this bladder pain study if you meet at least these minimum criteria*:

  • Adult between the ages of 18 and 75 inclusive
  • Suffering from IC/BPS symptoms (e.g., chronic bladder pain associated with filling the bladder) for 6 months or more
  • Have at least one of the following urinary symptoms related to IC/BPS for 6 months or more:
    • Nocturia: getting up to urinate two or more times per night
    • Daytime frequency: urinating more than eight times per day
    • Urinary urgency

*For a more complete list of inclusion / exclusion eligibility criteria for the study, please see

If you choose to participate in the study, you will receive:

The investigational drug (approx. 67% chance) or a matching placebo (approx. 33% chance) — a treatment that looks exactly like the investigational drug and is administered the same way, but it does not contain any drug

Study-related care and monitoring

Compensation for travel and expenses related to study participation, if applicable